Read Vim & Vigor Online
|Read the complete Winter 2014 digital edition of Vim & Vigor Magazine.|
Bold and Beautiful. Angelina Jolie's preemptive surgery started a national conversation about genetic screening. What would you do?
- From the CEO. A New Era. CEO Jeff Brickman discusses how health care decision making is changing and we're leading the way.
- Community Connections. Creating a healthy environment and our new cardiovascular award.
- High Five For Heart Care. Learn about five areas of cardiovascular care where St. Anthony Hospital Excels.
- When Wounds Won't Heal. Led by Dr. Craig Reynolds, the multidisciplinary team at our new Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center is helping wounds heal faster.
- Breast Density and You. Dr. Raymond Mencini explains how 3-D Mammography helps detect breast cancer in women with dense breast tissue.
- Aging and Altitude. Emergency physician Dr. Gina Soriya shares tips on keeping your guests healthy when they come to visit our beautiful, high-altitude state.
- Support System. Dr. Chester Dreiman shares how palliative care helps patients and their families during trying times.
- The Racing Heart. A local cyclist recounts his story of surviving sudden cardiac arrest, and how Dr. Michael Ptasnik and Cardiac Rehab helped.
- Ask the Experts. Dr. Ray Mencini discusses why it's important for women to know their breast density and Dr. Craig Reynolds explains why a multidisciplinary team is better for serious wound care.