School of Radiologic Sciences Mission
St. Anthony Hospital School of Radiologic Science is committed to excellence in education demonstrated by: providing a comprehensive education program to students through a collaborative effort between instructors, imaging staff, and physicians. The program supports the core values and mission statement of Centura Health by being the premier imaging resource for both our internal and external community.
Radiologic Science Program Goals
- Students will graduate, and pass the board exam, possessing entry-level radiology competencies that will benefit the community’s needs.
- Students will acquire didactic and clinical competency, and the ability to perform age appropriate patient care, by assessment of physiological and psychological status incorporating ALARA, communication skills, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Students will develop professional attitudes, behaviors, and ethics that will encourage life-long learning, and professional growth and development
- Students will develop an appreciation for community and diversity that will result in ongoing community service activities that will be of benefit to the community
Student Learning Goals and Outcomes Assessment
- Radiography students will competently perform diagnostic radiology examinations.
- Students will apply proper positioning skills
- Students will implement proper technical factors
- Radiography students shall incorporate proper radiation safety principles consistent with ALARA for themselves, patients, and co-workers
- Students will practice radiation safety according to the principle of ALARA
- Radiography students will demonstrate effective communication skills
- Students will use effective oral communication skills with patients, their families, and peers
- Students will use effective oral and written communication skills
- Radiography students will recognize the importance of professional growth and development
- Students will validate their professional growth and professional development
- The radiography program will graduate competent, entry-level technologists
- Students will pass the ARRT Registry Examination on the first attempt
- Students pursuing employment will be employed within six (6) months of graduation
- Students will complete the radiography program within 36 months
- Students will be satisfied with their education