Neurosciences at St. Anthony Hospital
At the Neurosciences Center at St. Anthony Hospital, our focus is neurosurgery innovation and integration of best practices, professional expertise, emerging technology and the healing power of compassion.
Those seeking Denver area Neurosurgery treatment of neurological issues want to be sure they have access to the highest level of medical expertise, technological capability and personalized attention. It demands an exceptional degree of multidisciplinary collaboration from a specialty neuro medical team that includes expert physicians, neurosurgeons, radiologists, specially trained nurses and rehabilitation specialists.
Highlights of the St. Anthony Hospital neurology and neurosurgery program include:
- St. Anthony Hospital has been awarded Disease Specific Certification for Stroke Care by The Joint Commission and the 2011 American Heart Association and American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award - signaling our stroke-related programs, associates and physicians are leaders in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Comprehensive stroke and neurovascular program and Acute Stroke Team. Emergency responders alert us while enroute to the St. Anthony Central Emergency Department so our multidisciplinary stroke team is waiting to treat the patient immediately.
- Advanced Imaging and interventional treatments for stroke. High-tech tools for stroke and blood vessel imaging allows for fast and accurate diagnosis.
- Neurovascular Surgery. Our fellowship-trained neurosurgeons are experts in correcting aneurysms, AVMs and other neurovascular conditions with minimally invasive to complex with technologies such as the Gamma Knife.
- Recurrent Stroke Prevention. Special educational, assessment and follow-up methods are in place to help reduce patient's risk of recurrent stroke.
- Stroke Rehabilitation Services. Our specialized neurological rehabilitation program integrates inpatient and outpatient care to help patients return to their highest level of functionality.
- State-of-the-Art Neuro-Oncology Services. to treat brain and spinal tumors. Neurosurgical intervention, Gamma Knife treatment, radiation oncology, medical oncology and neuro-oncology services are available at one location to coordinate and facilitate your care.