Interventional Radiology Procedures offered at St. Anthony Hospital
The Interventional Radiology Department at St. Anthony Hospital offers a full range of IR procedures to treat a variety of medical conditions and needs. Whether a patient needs an immediate intervention due to stroke or cardiac emergency, or a scheduled procedure, our interventional radiologists and staff can provide the necessary procedure or consultation.
Highlighted interventions offering minimally invasive, and often life-saving options include:
- Stroke Interventions - Penumbra, Merci Retriever, intracranial angioplasty and tPA clot dissolving medication.
- Cryoablation - A procedure that can be used to destroy certain cancerous tumors by delivering a cold gas directly into a tumor to kill it.
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) - Offering many women a minimally invasive alternative to hysterectomy.
- AAA Stenting - A procedure to address abdominal aortic aneurysm that avoids open abdominal surgery.
- Kyphoplasty - A procedure to treat spinal pain or fractures by inserting a balloon to correct the alignment of the vertebrae and then filling the space with bone cement to set the bone.
- Vertebroplasty - A procedure to treat fractures in the spine caused be osteoporosis which injects a stabilizing bone-cement into the spine.
- Splenic Embolizations - A minimally invasive method that can potentially avoid the need for removing the spleen.
- Chest Port Insertion - Inserting catheters giving access to veins for medication, chemotherapy or frequent blood draws.
Additional interventional procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Balloon Angioplasty
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Stent Placement
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- Interventional Oncology
- Hepatobiliary Procedures
- Endovascular Repair
- Neuro-Interventional Radiology - stroke, aneurysm, AVM