Injury & Trauma Prevention Programs at St. Anthony Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a Level I Shock Trauma Center, ready and equipped in the unfortunate event that an injury occurs. However, our first line of defense against traumatic injury preventing it through community education programs.
If you have questions or would like to discuss opportunities to schedule a presentation about car seat safety, seat belt safety, teen driver safety, helmet education, brain & spinal cord injury prevention or senior fall prevention, please contact Vicky Cassabaum, RN, Trauma and Injury Prevention at 720-321-8973.
Please use the following resources to learn more about injury prevention and keeping your family safe:
- Carseat Safety - Did you know four out of five carseats are used incorrectly? We offer FREE car seat checks, car seat education and seat belt education. *By appointment only. Learn more and schedule a carseat safety appointment.
- Colorado's Child Restraint Law
- La Ley de Restricción de Niños de Colorado
- Safekids Metro Denver - The mission of the Safe Kids Denver Metro Coalition, led by The Children's Hospital, is to identify and prevent injuries in children ages fourteen and younger in the Denver Metro area, by using a combined program of education, research, advocacy and media.
- ThinkFirst Denver Injury Prevention Foundation - ThinkFirst programs educate young people about their personal vulnerability and the importance of making safe choices. You can have a fun-filled, exciting life, without hurting yourself if you "ThinkFirst" - Buckle up, drive safe and sober, avoid violent situations, lower your risk to fall, wear a helmet and check the water before you drive. Use your mind to protect your body! St. Anthony Hospital is the lead organization for the ThinkFirst Denver Metro Chapter. If you would like more information or schedule a presentation please contact Vicky Cassabaum at 720-321-8973.
- Fall Prevention Network - In Colorado, we have over 300 deaths from falls yearly, and almost 9,000 hospitalizations from falls for people over age 65. Despite being labeled "accidents" many unintentional injuries and deaths are actually predictable and preventable. To schedule a presentation contact Vicky Cassabaum at 720-321-8973.
- Stepping On - A program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.