For EMS & Pre-hospital Services
With cooperation between multiple departments in the St. Anthony Hospital System, and with the support of the Colorado community, St. Anthony Hospitals Emergency Medical Services Department started one of the first full service emergency medical systems in the United States. We employ three crucial elements: a state of the art emergency department with level-one trauma capabilities, the first civilian helicopter ambulance in the nation - Flight for Life® Colorado and finally, a formal emergency medical training program that participated in and graduated the one of first national pilot EMT-Basic class.
This partnership has succeeded in educating paramedics responding to emergency situations to perform life saving techniques then transporting the stabilized patients using their fully equipped ambulances, or Flight for Life when deemed necessary, to the awaiting trauma center. This protocol is crucial in getting patients the care they need as quickly as possible, and is evident in our nationally ranked heart attack response times of door to removal of blockage in less than 50 minutes. Use the links below for more information about St. Anthony Hospitals Emergency Medical Services Department and our EMS Education Program:
- View the New St. Anthony Hospital EMS Orientation
- EMS Course Offerings - Courses include EMT Basic, Paramedic, IV Approval and a variety of other refresher and special classes.
- Continuing Education and Recertification - PreHospital Services at St. Anthony Central Hospital offers a wide variety of continuing education offerings to help you stay current on the latest medical and trauma topics with adn online CE records system is available 24/7.
The St. Anthony Hospitals Pre-Hospital Services is now in a new facility, just across Union from the new St. Anthony Hospital at:
34 Van Gordon St., Ste 201
Lakewood, CO 80228
In the new state-of-the-art EMS education facility students will benefit from:
- Increased classroom space with dedicated skill and simulation capability.
- State of the art video conferencing capability to provide synchronous video conferencing capabilities with our EMS partners.
- Two dedicated simulation labs with built in video conferencing and recording capabilities, as well as an isolated control room to allow for remote instructor oversight.
- Computer resources that allow the students access to online educational resources that are maintained by the school.
- Close proximity to the new St. Anthony Hospital for student clinical experience.
- Improved parking to which minimizes conflicts between students and hospital staff or patients.