Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Cardiac Rehabilitation is located in Medical Plaza 2 on the St. Anthony Medical Campus.
11700 W. 2nd Pl.
Lakewood, CO 80228
Our comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to help you recover from a cardiac event so you can return to as full and productive a life as possible, and prevent a future heart attack. We offer preventive services along with a variety of rehabilitation options for patients who have undergone open-heart surgery, as well as patients with conditions such as congestive heart failure and angina or are recovering from a heart attack or angioplasty.
Our beautiful new space offers flat screen TV’s, a separate aerobics room tailored for our fit classes and as always, our facility is staffed with Exercise Physiologists and RN’s.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Patients and families here for heart surgery meet with a cardiovascular nurse practitioner to discuss the procedure and ask questions before their surgery.
- The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation team begins working with the patient immediately following their procedure. Patients and family receive care, diet and activity guidelines to prepare them to return home.
- Outpatient rehabilitation includes individualized monitored exercise, dietary and stress management counseling, and smoking cessation, if needed.
- The cardiac rehabilitation gym is equipped with treadmills, elliptical, Biodex machines, recumbent bikes, a row machine, an arm ergometer and both free-weights and a multi-functional weight training machine.
- Cardiac rehabilitation "graduates" can then join members of the community at The Wellness Center. Along with gym use, they can choose from a variety of classes, including yoga, Tai Chi and strength training, all geared to the individual's personal abilities.