Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Cardiac Rehabilitation is located in Medical Plaza 2 on the St. Anthony Medical Campus.
11700 W. 2nd Pl.
Lakewood, CO 80228
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at St. Anthony Hospital in Denver is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Our comprehensive program is designed to help you recover from a cardiac event so you can return to as full and productive a life as possible, and prevent a future heart attack. We offer preventive services along with a variety of rehabilitation options for patients who have undergone open-heart surgery, as well as patients with conditions such as congestive heart failure and angina or are recovering from a heart attack or angioplasty.
Our beautiful new space offers flat screen TV’s, a separate aerobics room tailored for our fit classes and as always, our facility is staffed with Exercise Physiologists and RN’s.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Patients and families here for heart surgery meet with a cardiovascular nurse practitioner to discuss the procedure and ask questions before their surgery.
- The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation team begins working with the patient immediately following their procedure. Patients and family receive care, diet and activity guidelines to prepare them to return home.
- Outpatient rehabilitation includes individualized monitored exercise, dietary and stress management counseling, and smoking cessation, if needed.
- The cardiac rehabilitation gym is equipped with treadmills, elliptical, Biodex machines, recumbent bikes, a row machine, an arm ergometer and both free-weights and a multi-functional weight training machine.
- Cardiac rehabilitation "graduates" can then join members of the community at The Wellness Center. Along with gym use, they can choose from a variety of classes, including yoga, pilates, strength training, all geared to the individual's personal abilities.