Mission & Values
Centura Health has a tremendous foundation of health care facilities and organizations, along with 15,800+ highly committed, mission-centered professionals who share our ministry and are guided by our mission to extend the healing Ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
At St. Anthony Hospital and across Centura, health care is not merely a business. It's a calling. We celebrate the value of each person's life by lovingly offering care to people regardless of who they are, what they believe or where they're from. We seek to combine finely honed medical skills with a compassionate touch to care for the whole person, body, mind and spirit. In this manner, we strive to create healing sanctuaries that carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ.
In 1996 our sponsors, Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and the Adventist Health System (AHS), came together to form Centura Health in Denver, Colo. Committed to the mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ, CHI and AHS each build upon their unique history, heritage and traditions to create a faith-based entity designed to advance the mission of their individual organizations. Both sponsors have preserved a commitment to their values and an understanding of the vital role that ministering to spiritual needs can play in health care.
We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
Centura Health will fulfill a covenant of caring for our communities with excellence and integrity to become their partner for life.
Centura Health's Seven Core Values
In serving our customers, their families and each other, we will:
- Honor the individuality of each person.
- Treat each person with dignity, taking the time to be present, to listen, to explain and to understand.
- Create a caring environment that exudes humanity, humility, grace and love.
In working with each other, we will:
- Encourage and value the contributions of each person, and make each feel supported, reassured and empowered.
- Listen well, communicate openly and honestly, and encourage others to do the same.
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves, relating so well with them that they actively seek to associate with us.
In all of our interactions, we will:
- Foster trust by being truthful, empathetic and consistent.
- Be authentic and courageous, aligning what we are thinking, saying, feeling, and doing.
- Be responsible for and follow through on the commitments we make.
In honoring the missions, ministries, and heritages of our Catholic and our Adventist sponsors, we will:
- Add meaning and purpose to the lives of our associates, physicians, and partners.
- Celebrate the role of spirituality in healing for each individual.
- Serve each other and our communities in harmony with the inclusiveness, wholeness and touch that characterized Christ's healing ministry.
In managing the natural, human, and financial resources to which we have been entrusted, we will:
- Seek ways to appropriately utilize resources, allowing us to become more effective and productive.
- Act responsibly, taking only those actions that align with our mission.
- Be accountable to the organization and to each other for our actions and the outcomes they produce.
In seeking to grow our ministry, we will:
- Look beyond the challenges of the present and envision what is possible.
- Cultivate and reward innovation and risk taking.
- Embrace continuous learning and positive technological advancement.
In all we do, we will:
- Put forth our personal and professional best, providing the highest quality of care of which we are capable.
- Commit ourselves to continuous improvement, seeking to set the recognized performance standards within our industry.
- Deliver a superior experience for all of our customers, sensing their needs and exceeding their expectations.