Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Program
To refer a patient to St. Anthony Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation: Call 720-321-1502
For family members who need to contact the unit: Call 720-321-1500
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) is an 18 bed unit located on the 7th floor of St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood, CO. The hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center and award-winning Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Stroke Program holds a Gold Seal of approval from the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and has earned numerous American Heart Association/American Stroke Association awards.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility specializes in Stroke Rehabilitation. We are proud to be an integral part of the continuum of care to maximize stroke recovery. Our nursing and therapy staff specialize in rehabilitation for stroke and neurological disorders; our therapists have specialized training in Neuro-Development Treatment (NDT), which focuses on stroke recovery.
Building Independence – A Team Effort
The IRF is a bridge between the hospital stay and the transition to home. IRF services are provided under the direction of a Medical Director, who is qualified to manage physical rehabilitation programs of patients after a complex injury, disease or surgery.
Criteria for Admission to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
Potential patients for IRF must meet certain criteria including:
- Medical necessity – a patient must have medical and nursing needs that require ongoing inpatient hospitalization.
- The patient’s medical condition must be stabilized, but continue to need daily management by a Rehabilitation Medical Director.
- The patient’s functional ability and endurance must be sufficient to allow for at least three hours of participation in at least two therapy services, five days per week.
- Functional gains must also be evident by an increase in functional independence throughout the stay.
Why choose the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility at
St. Anthony Hospital?
- Rehabilitation Medical Director
- Highly Trained Licensed Therapists
- Highly Trained Rehabilitation Nurses
- Personalized Plan of Care
- Swallowing management utilizing Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- State-of-the Art equipment (Bioness, LiteGait, and TRANS-SIT car transfer simulator)
- Integrative Healing Services
- Pet Therapy and Pet Visitation