Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at St. Anthony Hospital
The Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at St. Anthony Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation and therapeutic services to help individuals recover from illness or injury. The new inpatient rehabilitation facility is designed and equipped to help patients return to their daily life and activities after severe illness or injury.
To refer a patient: Call 720-321-1502
For family members who need to contact the unit: Call 720-321-1500
The multidisciplinary inpatient program provides intensive physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to individuals with a wide range of diagnoses including stroke, brain and spinal cord tumors, hip fracture, amputations, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, cardiac and pulmonary disorders and general medical and surgical debility.
Our Acute Rehabilitation Team...
Under the medical direction of Dr. Reza Esfahani, our team works closely with patients to create personal treatment plans that will help them function as independently as possible. We use therapies and skills from a number of disciplines and provide individual sessions to give patients the strengths and skills they need to return to their highest level of function. The patient's length of stay on this unit varies and is based upon their needs and goals. In addition to 24-hour-a-day medical support, our program assessments are conducted by a clinical team that may include:
- Board Certified Physician
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech-language pathologist
- Social Worker
- Other specialized personnel as needed
All services are provided by highly educated physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and nurses. All of our staff regularly attend continuing education course to remain current in the latest techniques and technology.
Treatment focuses on ambulation, muscle strengthening, balance and coordination, cognitive and communication skills, bowel and bladder management and activities of daily living skills.
- Acute rehabilitation with medical management.
- Rehabilitation nursing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A minimum of three hours of therapy a day for five days a week.
- Various levels of care to facilitate the patients recovery - continuum of care includes acute rehabilitation and on-site outpatient rehabilitation.
- Education to prepare the patient for living in this new and challenging world. Plans are customized to assist the patient and family in recovering and returning to a functional lifestyle, preventing re-injury and further complications from the illness.
- Home assessment, community re-entry and reintegration.
- Individual and family support and counseling.
A referral can be made by a local physician, hospital case managers or by personally calling directly at 720-321-1502. An evaluation by a Pre-Admission Screening Liaison is required and provided at no charge to determine rehabilitation needs.
Health Insurance Coverage
Health insurance benefits will be verified prior to admission. Most major insurance carriers, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover inpatient rehabilitation programs. You should talk to your provider about specific coverage details.